Do you know children's story that mushrooms appear the principal axis in story? I think these children's story are not know by people.
Appearing mushroom in the story, I think of "Alice in Wonderland" at first. In this story, mushroom appeared as magical item that Alice's height grows or shrinks. The mushrooms are very impressive existence in Wonderland!
Sources :「きのこらぼ」http://kinokolabo.jp/wp/?p=3305
Well, I searched about this topic, there is pretty of story that appearing mushrooms in Japan. I'll introduce part of these stories.
Mushrooms Question and Answer (Ooita)
Once upon a time there was said to Mr. Kichiyomu, hilarious people.
Kichiyomu's village the shiitake mushroom has caught a lot in the fall.Shiitake mushroom is a popular, villagers were preparing for New Year selling this shiitake mushrooms.
On a crop failure, the fall of this year from lord shiitake however,
"One by one thousand hotels, presented him a mushroom"
And, because there was Otasshi to say, the villagers I consulted Mr. Kichiyomu very embarrassed.
Then, Mr. Kichiyomu is
"Do not worry about it. In the mountains, it's okay if we demand began to grow tree seedlings this spring. Son of the tree it 's (mushroom)"
And I said.
There is no difference in the "mushroom" because it is a child of trees and tree seedlings for sure.
"Well, as I say, Mr. Kichiyomu"
Come take a thousand tree seedlings each, Mr. kichiyomu is packed in bales it, the villagers he bring to the castle there.
Now, officials opened the bale Mr. Kichiyomu brought, I was angry to see the contents.
"What this Kichiyomu! Are!"
"Otasshi street. Yes, our child of the tree"
"Speaking! Mushroom fool, would have determined that the shiitake mushroom"
"Oh, I see, whether it was of shiitake. Would that shiitake, and mushrooms, villagers, everyone is after you've already sold unfortunately"
I think I heard the officer, it was bad here also did not explain properly,
"Well, there is no way in. However, will next year so as not to confuse"
And, let him Mr. Kichiyomu.
Mr. Kichiyomu was gingerly Then listen again.
"Our official prices. Has confirmed once again, speaking of mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms and speaking. Thing of shiitake, such a party. Thing of mushroom"
"Of course."
"I understand. So, next year I will not make a mistake"
And so saying, Mr. Kichiyomu he went back to the village.
Well, in the fall of the following year.
Officials of the castle because there was a thing last year, this time so as not to make a mistake,
"One by one thousand hotels, presented him the shiitake"
Once, I gave a Ofure.
Shiitake was so poor harvest this year, thereby raising the seedlings of trees from the mountain, Mr. Kichiyomu he bring to the castle, however it also.
Officials saw it, I was waiting to red with anger.
"Hey, I is not a mushroom this year kichiyomu!!"
Mr. Kichiyomu was like listen again says it can not understand what is angry then.
"Um, last year, speaking of mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms and speaking. Thing shiitake mushroom, mushroom thing we ask whether," Yes, "and told"
"Indeed, of course"
"This year, because Otasshi presented him with the shiitake mushrooms, I came to have a mushroom so. Did you do something wrong?"
"Ah ...," I see
Sure, I'm not wrong to say that Mr. Kichiyomu.
"But, good. · · · Do it, it is you I wait a bit here ."
Officials have a problem, the lord told this thing.
Then, the lord that I've heard it,
"It will continue to take such an interesting man. Okay, because I meet"
If, say, it is in the yard I called Mr. Kichiyomu.
Mr. Kichiyomu is discussed at the lord and that the New Year to prepare for the villagers to sell shiitake mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms that have been troubled by poor harvest there.
"I can say that. Existence. Was found good. Future, the main village of shiitake dedicator us will without"
It seems to have become a good thing from that year, the village is without thus presented him the shiitake.
Monster Mushrooms
Once upon a time, there was a mountain among some old Yashiro.According to a hearing, around the Yashiro is, by all means have delicious mushroom flies, and in the fall every year, the villagers went to a nearby mushroom birds.
That in some years, the man went to take mushrooms, even at night, I did not come back.Villagers worried, went to the mountain early in the morning of the next day, where they have disappeared to, I do not even have one of the remaining men.
"But spirited away, I wonder happened?"
"No, I should not like that"
Far into the Yashiro, villagers tried looking carefully.Still, there is no state where the man though.
However, after a while, the old woman went to take mushrooms (old woman), but once again was missing.
To make matters worse, even my wife went to look for the old lady, I am not come back.This time cleared the villagers, as well as near the Yashiro, I tried looking around for among the mountains, I could not figure out finally.What if there is such a thing from, go to chicken mushroom among the mountain to this, could not have been a man.Well, in the village at the foot, there was a young man of cojones a bold reputation in the neighborhood as well.
Young people,
"Do things nowadays, it may be foolish of God hiding. Perhaps, the monster might be hiding. Okay, I'll have the identity Witness"
If, say, I went out to the mountain by himself.I think while you're at it, try to come and take oodles, mushrooms not going to take anyone.Comes near the Yashiro, delicious mushroom, grows everywhere.
Take the mushroom becomes fog, the youth was placed among the basket.
Still, sometimes hand stop, I tried to explore the state of the per, I do not have anywhere what seems monster.
(Okay, night must have surely monster to appear. Yashiro Let staying here)
Once Some Yashiro, made young people sprawled out on the floor.Among them, dozing become sleepy, someone I pull the foot.
"Who!"
Young people, and open your eyes and Hatcher, Wow, such a big mushroom of a human hand on top of the floor will have grown, that he is pulling his leg.(Do not tell me, I pull the mushroom man)The youth of truly surprised, I glared at the ghost mushrooms.Then, down, and Surusuru, ghost mushroom got retracted from the floor was torn.
"Oh Wait!"
Peel off the floor plate, the youth jumped down.
With a light, I'll try to illuminate dark floor.Then, human bone is lying around, mushroom Obake while ago, to extend or shrink, I'm swinging wobbling.(Satewa, this monster mushroom, mushroom birds such hit people)As soon picked up a stick that was lying under the floor, the youth, was to strike ghost mushroom cap.Strangely enough, even if broken mushroom cap, new umbrella quickly and be part of the body has been steadily and extends into the bargain, I will try to wrap around the body of the young people, however.
I was reminded of that time, young people are "weak in mushroom miso soup," said, the words of since.
Up onto the bridge and grab the floor, jumped the Yashiro, young people and he went back to the house in the big hurry.Plenty of water and put the miso in a pot and then, I boiled it loose.Hot soup when finished, then the lid firmly, I went to the mountain carrying each pot.
Would you like to come in and to Yashiro, and extends up to the top floor of the Ghost Mushroom, I'm slowly moving the umbrella.
"Care a that!"
As soon as young people take the lid of the pot, I hung my ghost mushroom, the soup hot.
Then, ghost mushroom, we will shrink Mirumiru, I was finally gone.
"Whew. Now, that it probably would not attack the person twice and again"
When young people back to the village, I was talking about it to everyone ghost mushroom.
Yara wonder I wonder therefore surprised, everyone in the village carries the bones of people who died immediately, but it seems to have to him for Tomura~tsu warm-heartedly.
Sources:「福娘童話集」http://hukumusume.com/douwa/index.html
These are very interesting story!
Appearing mushroom in the story, I think of "Alice in Wonderland" at first. In this story, mushroom appeared as magical item that Alice's height grows or shrinks. The mushrooms are very impressive existence in Wonderland! Sources :「きのこらぼ」http://kinokolabo.jp/wp/?p=3305
Well, I searched about this topic, there is pretty of story that appearing mushrooms in Japan. I'll introduce part of these stories.
Mushrooms Question and Answer (Ooita)
Once upon a time there was said to Mr. Kichiyomu, hilarious people.
Kichiyomu's village the shiitake mushroom has caught a lot in the fall.Shiitake mushroom is a popular, villagers were preparing for New Year selling this shiitake mushrooms.
On a crop failure, the fall of this year from lord shiitake however,
"One by one thousand hotels, presented him a mushroom"
And, because there was Otasshi to say, the villagers I consulted Mr. Kichiyomu very embarrassed.
Then, Mr. Kichiyomu is
"Do not worry about it. In the mountains, it's okay if we demand began to grow tree seedlings this spring. Son of the tree it 's (mushroom)"
And I said.
There is no difference in the "mushroom" because it is a child of trees and tree seedlings for sure.
"Well, as I say, Mr. Kichiyomu"
Come take a thousand tree seedlings each, Mr. kichiyomu is packed in bales it, the villagers he bring to the castle there.
Now, officials opened the bale Mr. Kichiyomu brought, I was angry to see the contents.
"What this Kichiyomu! Are!"
"Otasshi street. Yes, our child of the tree"
"Speaking! Mushroom fool, would have determined that the shiitake mushroom"
"Oh, I see, whether it was of shiitake. Would that shiitake, and mushrooms, villagers, everyone is after you've already sold unfortunately"
I think I heard the officer, it was bad here also did not explain properly,
"Well, there is no way in. However, will next year so as not to confuse"
And, let him Mr. Kichiyomu.
Mr. Kichiyomu was gingerly Then listen again.
"Our official prices. Has confirmed once again, speaking of mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms and speaking. Thing of shiitake, such a party. Thing of mushroom"
"Of course."
"I understand. So, next year I will not make a mistake"
And so saying, Mr. Kichiyomu he went back to the village.
Well, in the fall of the following year.
Officials of the castle because there was a thing last year, this time so as not to make a mistake,
"One by one thousand hotels, presented him the shiitake"
Once, I gave a Ofure.
Shiitake was so poor harvest this year, thereby raising the seedlings of trees from the mountain, Mr. Kichiyomu he bring to the castle, however it also.
Officials saw it, I was waiting to red with anger.
"Hey, I is not a mushroom this year kichiyomu!!"
Mr. Kichiyomu was like listen again says it can not understand what is angry then.
"Um, last year, speaking of mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms and speaking. Thing shiitake mushroom, mushroom thing we ask whether," Yes, "and told"
"Indeed, of course"
"This year, because Otasshi presented him with the shiitake mushrooms, I came to have a mushroom so. Did you do something wrong?""Ah ...," I see
Sure, I'm not wrong to say that Mr. Kichiyomu.
"But, good. · · · Do it, it is you I wait a bit here ."
Officials have a problem, the lord told this thing.
Then, the lord that I've heard it,
"It will continue to take such an interesting man. Okay, because I meet"
If, say, it is in the yard I called Mr. Kichiyomu.
Mr. Kichiyomu is discussed at the lord and that the New Year to prepare for the villagers to sell shiitake mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms that have been troubled by poor harvest there.
"I can say that. Existence. Was found good. Future, the main village of shiitake dedicator us will without"
It seems to have become a good thing from that year, the village is without thus presented him the shiitake.
Monster Mushrooms
Once upon a time, there was a mountain among some old Yashiro.According to a hearing, around the Yashiro is, by all means have delicious mushroom flies, and in the fall every year, the villagers went to a nearby mushroom birds.
That in some years, the man went to take mushrooms, even at night, I did not come back.Villagers worried, went to the mountain early in the morning of the next day, where they have disappeared to, I do not even have one of the remaining men.
"But spirited away, I wonder happened?"
"No, I should not like that"
Far into the Yashiro, villagers tried looking carefully.Still, there is no state where the man though.
However, after a while, the old woman went to take mushrooms (old woman), but once again was missing.
To make matters worse, even my wife went to look for the old lady, I am not come back.This time cleared the villagers, as well as near the Yashiro, I tried looking around for among the mountains, I could not figure out finally.What if there is such a thing from, go to chicken mushroom among the mountain to this, could not have been a man.Well, in the village at the foot, there was a young man of cojones a bold reputation in the neighborhood as well.
Young people,
"Do things nowadays, it may be foolish of God hiding. Perhaps, the monster might be hiding. Okay, I'll have the identity Witness"
If, say, I went out to the mountain by himself.I think while you're at it, try to come and take oodles, mushrooms not going to take anyone.Comes near the Yashiro, delicious mushroom, grows everywhere.
Take the mushroom becomes fog, the youth was placed among the basket.
Still, sometimes hand stop, I tried to explore the state of the per, I do not have anywhere what seems monster.
(Okay, night must have surely monster to appear. Yashiro Let staying here)
Once Some Yashiro, made young people sprawled out on the floor.Among them, dozing become sleepy, someone I pull the foot.
"Who!"
Young people, and open your eyes and Hatcher, Wow, such a big mushroom of a human hand on top of the floor will have grown, that he is pulling his leg.(Do not tell me, I pull the mushroom man)The youth of truly surprised, I glared at the ghost mushrooms.Then, down, and Surusuru, ghost mushroom got retracted from the floor was torn."Oh Wait!"
Peel off the floor plate, the youth jumped down.
With a light, I'll try to illuminate dark floor.Then, human bone is lying around, mushroom Obake while ago, to extend or shrink, I'm swinging wobbling.(Satewa, this monster mushroom, mushroom birds such hit people)As soon picked up a stick that was lying under the floor, the youth, was to strike ghost mushroom cap.Strangely enough, even if broken mushroom cap, new umbrella quickly and be part of the body has been steadily and extends into the bargain, I will try to wrap around the body of the young people, however.
I was reminded of that time, young people are "weak in mushroom miso soup," said, the words of since.
Up onto the bridge and grab the floor, jumped the Yashiro, young people and he went back to the house in the big hurry.Plenty of water and put the miso in a pot and then, I boiled it loose.Hot soup when finished, then the lid firmly, I went to the mountain carrying each pot.
Would you like to come in and to Yashiro, and extends up to the top floor of the Ghost Mushroom, I'm slowly moving the umbrella.
"Care a that!"
As soon as young people take the lid of the pot, I hung my ghost mushroom, the soup hot.
Then, ghost mushroom, we will shrink Mirumiru, I was finally gone.
"Whew. Now, that it probably would not attack the person twice and again"
When young people back to the village, I was talking about it to everyone ghost mushroom.
Yara wonder I wonder therefore surprised, everyone in the village carries the bones of people who died immediately, but it seems to have to him for Tomura~tsu warm-heartedly.
Sources:「福娘童話集」http://hukumusume.com/douwa/index.html
These are very interesting story!
Hallo Misakinoko,
ReplyDeletemy name is Klaus Herda. I'm from Cologne, a city in Germany (Europe). I like your mushroom-story from 2013. Thats very interessting.
I'm admirer of a different kind of mushrooms - very big mushrooms like the ones that are used as rain shelters in public parks.
Very many of them can be found in Europe. I have a (by now world-wide) collection of those mushroom shaped shelters, that are called "Wetterpilze" in Germany (www.Wetterpilze.de).
And it would be a great pleasure for me to integrate the "Sobe East Park mushroom" that was described on your moshrooooooms! blog (http://satuki515mei.blogspot.de/).
It would be a very great pleasure for me if i could use your mushroom-foto for the my "Wetterpilz-Collection" on www.Wetterpilze.de.
If you like please send me an Email on klaus.herda@wetterpilze.de So we can have a brief disussion about mushrooms and Wetterpilze and maybe you have some more "Wetterpilz"-fotos for me.
Thank you very much
Klaus Herda